How to get help in Windows 10 – Windows 10 offers multiple ways for a user to get help with solving computer problems. This article explains all the different methods.
Use the Get Help app to support Windows 10
Windows has a dedicated Get Help app to help solve common problems. This is a virtual chat agent that comes in to answer your doubts.
- Select the search button on the taskbar. Go to the Start menu and find “Get Help” in the list of programs. Alternatively, type “Get Help” in the search bar and select the result or press Enter.
- Enter your problem in the search box. Browse the top articles to find recommended solutions.
- Talk directly to the virtual agent by selecting the Contact us button.
- Start a chat with a virtual agent. Select your product (eg Windows) and problem to start a conversation.
- If you still haven’t found a solution, type “talk to a human” and ask to be connected to a real person from Microsoft Support.
Select the help button
All Windows tools have a Help function on the menu or a blue Help button with a question mark. Select it to open support content in the Bing browser.
There may be a few exceptions. You will come across these cases depending on the type of program you are in:
- Office displays help in the program window.
- The settings contain a Get Help link that opens all the help content in a window. Select a help article that opens in Bing.
- Type Help in a Command Prompt window to see a list of commands and their syntax.
Use the search box on the taskbar
The search box on the taskbar is a handy shortcut to Windows Settings and Windows 10 Help, as it can also deliver web results through Bing.
- Enter a keyword or keyword that describes the problem.
- The search results display the best match, which may be the default Windows troubleshooter for this feature or settings shortcuts. It can also show online search results that use solutions on the web.
- If both don’t fix the problem, use the Bing search results to open a browser and find out about the problem online.
Refer to the Microsoft support site
The Microsoft support site has all the support articles for all Microsoft products. It is the central hub of not only Windows, but all Microsoft products as well. You can find help pages for administrators, developers, teachers and students, and small businesses. Select More Help on the top navigation bar to access these areas from the drop-down list.
Use the search bar to search for how-to articles for all Microsoft products. You can even go to Ask the community on Microsoft’s website and join Microsoft’s huge user network on message boards.
Note: You can report technical support scams if scammers contact you claiming to be Microsoft.
Use the Windows troubleshooters for detailed solutions
Windows includes several built-in troubleshooters that can fix the problem automatically. The troubleshooter is useful as it can fix critical system problems on its own. You can’t turn it off.
Windows also sends diagnostic data to Microsoft servers, which analyze and offer fixes in the Recommended troubleshooting section. You can follow these recommendations or ignore them.
- Go to Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshooting.
- Alternatively, search for Troubleshooting using Windows Search and select Troubleshoot Settings.
- Scroll down the list and select the troubleshooter.
Find an online solution
Searching the Internet is a more common way to get help with Windows 10 problems. Be specific in your searches. If you see any error message or Stop error codes, use the exact wording for more accurate results. Try a prefix such as [SOLVED] with your search term to filter out solutions that worked.
You may need to identify your laptop model to find the right solution.
Thats are several ways to get help in Windows 10. So, visit our site Suntamah.com for the latest articles on technology.